Entrance to CZE

Entrance requirements

The Czech Republic is a member of the European Union therefore citizens of EU and other Shengen area countries (Switzerland, Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland) don’t need any special visa and may stay temporarily in the Czech Republic using passports or ID cards.

Citizens of certain states (e.g. USA, Canada, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Australia, etc) are exempt from a visa requirement and they only need a passport. A list of all countries you can find here.

Citizens of these states are required to have a visa.

Don't forget to purchase travel medical insurance before you leave your home country. You can get a top travel insurance here.

Travelling with animals

Your animals are welcome as well! If you want to take your dog, cat or some other pets with you to the Czech Republic, you must have a pet passport, like uniform EU document issued by a vet. The animal must be marked with an electronic chip and vaccinated accordingly to the legislation of the EU. If you come and you or your pet will need to go out, don´t hesitate to contact us via info@experiencze.eu and we will be glad to watch your darling.

Import & Customs duty

There are unique personal checks on the borders with Germany, Austria, Slovakia and Poland as these countries are all EU members which guarantees free movement of goods. You may encounter customs checks at international airports. Goods imported for personal use is not a subject to customs duty or VAT. Please, read more about import limits and customs duty and VAT exceptions here.